Many of you were kind enough to complete our recent survey, so I thought I would summarize the most common themes, in response to the last survey question, “What would you like to see most from MVCI?”
1. Provide information on what is going on in town, especially Mesa Verde.
2. What is being done about the homeless and the sober living facilities?
3. Organize more community activities, I.e. town halls, etc.
4. Remind residents to keep their property presentable.
5. Stop the speeding in our neighborhoods.
6. Keep us informed as to what the city council is up to.
7. Do not engage in politics.
8. What are the benefits of membership in MVCI?
9. Why is crime increasing?
10. You’re doing fine-just keep it up.
Of course, we wish all responses were #10, but then, we wouldn’t have anything left to do. Let’s look at some of these themes. #1: we will step up the pace. Please check our website, as we try to keep it fresh. www.mesaverdecommunity.org. Also, visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1083641171668836/), and sign up for our e-mail blast at email@example.com. Our next semi-annual newsletter is scheduled for publication in late September. #3: we’re working on several town hall events during the Winter. We will be holding a candidate’s forum in October, our annual meeting in March, and our picnic in May. #5: Would love to. We will notify CMPD of the concern in our community. #7: We don’t. We are a non-political. Non-partisan association. #8: Great question! Please visit our website as to who we are and what we do.
We will work on a more persuasive statement, but keep in mind our mission statement “Inform, Protect and Beautify” Mesa Verde. These are the ends to which we strive, in our advocacy for Mesa Verde residents. Finally, #9, CMPD statistics indicate crime to actually be decreasing, but, if it happens in your neighborhood, ….. well, that’s different. We might suggest you consider forming a Neighborhood Watch group, sponsored by our Police Dept. We can help you with that.
We appreciate your participation in our survey, and we will be doing these periodically. If you have a specific problem, please contact us through our website. We will do our best to help you. We will release other survey findings in subsequent posts.
Thanks for tuning in.